Friday, June 29, 2012

I was too tired to post anything yesterday or Wednesday

I am tired.  I sympathize with my students!  The course I am taking is kind of hard (I'm in class most of the day, and then I have homework at night), I have spent a lot of time with my kids in the evenings, and I spent a couple of hours on both Monday and Wednesday writing blog posts.  I'm thinking of doing a post tonight on what To Kill a Mockingbird says about literacy.  Even though I have mixed feelings about using  To Kill a Mockingbird in the classroom, I love the complex picture it gives of reading and school.  In brief, Harper Lee seems to be for the natural-reading, homeschooling-y understanding of literacy learning, and pretty much against explicit instruction.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment